Despite more than one project deadline hanging over my head this week, I have decided to give myself a not-so-well-deserved break and write about my nomination for the “Mystery Blogger Award” instead! I was very kindly nominated by the lovely Faye from Female Original – so here is a quick post about the award and what it entails… as I continue procrastinating over my Statistics work…
≤ “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion ≥
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I collect animal skeletons, preserved insects and Dr Martens…
- I’m a terrible hoarder – I hate throwing things away, so I always end up with little piles of random objects and packaging dotted around my room
- I love shopping – but I also love saving money… so I have an unhealthy obsession for collecting coupons, vouchers and online codes to fill my wardrobe for less!
Faye’s Questions For Me:
- Who is your favourite blogger at the moment and why?
This is really difficult! There are so many blogs, bloggers and blog posts that I love. To be honest, I read posts based on content and not who wrote them or what blog/website the post was published on. I can’t say I really have a favourite blogger – I love too many different styles of writing and photography to pick just one person!
2. What are your favourite types of blog posts to read?
Honest blog posts will always be my favourites. I don’t want to see perfectly edited and photoshopped photos of pore-less faces and flawless makeup! I want blog posts written by real-life people who experience real-life problems and joys. I don’t care if the flatlays are wonky or the winged eyeliner isn’t perfectly straight – I just want honesty, creativity and originality in the posts I read.
3. How did you first start blogging?
I actually started my first blog years and years ago when Piczo was still alive and kicking, so blogging has always been something I’ve been interested in. English Literature and English Language were my favourite subjects at GCSE, but didn’t feel like I could juggle a blog while I was still at school. Now I’m a University student with occasional spare time, so I can actually focus on blogging as a hobby and (hopefully) write decent content that people will actually want to read.
4. Would you ever like to blog full-time?
Blogging full-time is something I would definitely consider doing if the chance ever presented itself. I love writing, taking photos and trialling new products, but I think I’ll need to up my photography game and keep on top of my blog posts and content if I ever want to turn this into a full-time job.
5. What TV series / films are you currently watching?
I’ve just started watching “Dexter” again… And that was a huge mistake because it’s already ripped my heart out – I can’t even deal with Season 5 right now! I tend to watch whatever films find their way onto Film 4 or my Netflix home screen, so I’ve been watching a variety of different movies over the last few weeks – the last film I watched was “Hugo”.
Questions For My Nominees:
- Do you use social media to promote your blog? If so, which is your favourite to use?
- Do you have a role model? Who? And why do you look up to them?
- If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
- If you could collaborate with a brand of your choice, which would you pick?
- What is your favourite song of the moment?
Kesha –> Praying